Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 27, 2007, 5:29 PM   #1

Well the wait is over, here is the new Pentax dSLR that everyone has been talking about for the past few days. I don't really consider this "new" but it does have two new feature to it.

Two new feature added to it
-Dust Remove
-SDM compatibility

The price seems to be the same as the current Pentax K100D but no rebate yet.

This is a nice update but it is not worth upgrading my K100D to this one. I will wait for the next K10D.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2007, 6:18 PM   #2

Awwwww!!!!! I just got my camera like 3 months ago too!

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 7:46 PM   #3

I suppose this would mean the K10D super can't be far behind? Or not!

If they would have upgraded the available ISO (100 - 3200) and added wireless flash, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 8:18 PM   #4

I applaud Pentax on doing this. The new SDM lenses will be coming out in force later this year and to have an entry level camera that is compatible with them and backward compatible with the old lenses is a good move. I am glad to see them keep a camera with the very good 6.1 mpsensor and ISO 3200.

I know this was aimed at the D40 which is an entry level camera with the SDM type lenses, but it is not able to use the old mechanical drive lenses and does not have shake reduction. If I were a new buyer stepping up from a point and shoot and did not want to spent the bucks for a D200 or K10D, it would be hard to pass up the nice little K100D Super.

Most of the beginners I talk to that want to get a camera say they would like to get one for about $300-$500. They're the same ones that want a new car for $10,000. It looks to be a very capable camera, like the K100D and my DL. I give Pentax a two thumbs up on this move- Bruce

bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 9:58 PM   #5

This seems to be a decent upgrade to the 100. I have recommended the k100 to some friends looking for a first dslr. This makes it an even better camera to recommend, especially if the price remains the same or close to it.

What I'm hoping for this year is an upgrade to the K10. While I love mine there are some things Id like to see improved. A better less noisy sensor being chief among them.

As for the SDM lenses I hope they come out soon. Pentax is falling behind on the lens front. They could be kicking some serious ass if they'd just get it together on the lenses.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:07 AM   #6

Ok the sdm is an upgrade

but I really doubt it that the Dust remove functionality could not be stuffed in a firmware upgrade. (just my opinion)

Anyway it's an upgrade and not a new cam.

Thanks for posting this.

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 4:38 AM   #7

Yeah I was thinking that too... but actually I think there are physical differences in the 100D and 10D SR systems. Even many of the reviewers mention 10D SR being more effective than the 100D. I have also seen many mention the 100D SR making noise and feeling it.... never have on the 10D except doing the DR clean.

Likely they have put the 10D system into the 100D Super. (Why build two different systems after all?) Save the production money and make them common and enhance the 100Din the process. Once existing stock is gone, I'll bet there will be nothing but the 100D Super. Also wouldn't be surprised if the K110D doesn't just disappear.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:19 AM   #8

Doh, again no vertical grip...that's what I was really hoping for in a different model than the K10D...

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2007, 9:19 AM   #9

Illuminati wrote:
Awwwww!!!!! I just got my camera like 3 months ago too!

- Jason
Heh, got mine last week, but I LOVE it so I won't complain. My next camera will be a K10D so I'll be happy if they upgrade that before I purchase
CyberCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote