Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 2, 2007, 6:43 PM   #11

Crashman wrote:

Windows XP SP2

what OS are you using?? i've had no problem with EXIFER.
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:19 AM   #12

I gave up using Exifer to amend my Metadata (Description, Author, Comments) as it just screwed with my images.

I am using Windows XP (SP2)

Anyways, never one to be beaten I found Microsoft's Photo Info 1.0 whish does batch lots of amendments.

Does what I want it to do, which is add description, copyright, comments, but for some reason not Author !!!!

I am still using Exifer to put on the copyright watermark in batches and thats all.

I have no idea why Exifer messes up with my images.

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:04 AM   #13

Have used Exifer for several years. Have not personally had image corruption problems using images from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, and Kodak cameras.

The very best thing about Exifer is that it will work on multiple images and sub-dirs. This allows for rapid top-down entering of metadata. What I mean by this is you return from a week's shooting with several thousand images. You want all of them to have your copyright, and basic information like say location shots Smokey Mountains Fall 2007. But from there you want to break them down to say sunrises, sunsets, scenic, rural, roads ... whatever; and then even further into subcats. This all goes very quickly in Exifer.

Sadly, Exifer is not able to read/write the EXIF metadata from newer Nikon SLRs - the last update to Exifer being in 2002.

So, I am LOOKING for an Exifer replacement. Bridge is unworkable for me - as it does not work on multiple sub-dirs and shows every keyword ever entered, even if you struggle through all that it is VERY slow at writing the data.

I keep hoping that Exifer will be updated - even if it were no longer free.

pnzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 2:01 PM   #14

I use what's available in Lightroom, works for what little I do (add my name to the information).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2007, 5:15 PM   #15

mtngal wrote:
I use what's available in Lightroom, works for what little I do (add my name to the information).
Seems that Ronny, you and me are the exception not using specific exif editor. I side with Ronny that exif info is the last thing we want to fool around with

Why bothers? It works well for me

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2008, 10:19 AM   #16

I'm using PhotoInfoEx from Ex Software.

PhotoInfoEx allow to easily editing multiple Exif metadata.

Domkrat is offline   Reply With Quote