Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 29, 2007, 8:15 PM   #1

I'm trying to locate information pages for the Zeiss, Vivitar, & other off-brand third-party M42 and K-mount lenses (Sears, Hannimex?)..

From reading posts I'm aware that Zeiss producedvarious quality levels of lenses at different times over the past 50 years..

How does one tell the different quality lenses apart??..And which are appropiate for Pentax users??..

Off topic slightly--Would anyone here be willing to collaborate together on a thread for Pentax beginners outlining the answers to FAQ's??..

I am aware that this would have to be cleared & sanctioned by Steve & the moderators, but I feel it would be a great service to all of us here, especially the newcomers!!..

I propose starting a thread to list the 25, 50, 100 (more?)most frequently asked questions regarding Pentax film & digital cameras..After collating the questions we could then start to put together a thread explaining the answers in a easily understood format that we could refer new Pentaxians to..

Since my knowledge is limited, as I am new to digital & M42 lenses, I would be willing to offer my services to anyone more knowledgeable than myself to help in any way that I could..

Thanks, Bruce

P.S. Perhaps, and I do not know how to do this, we would be able to use many of the posts from those who have already answered questions like the ones I'm referring to..

So those of you who have the knowledge and have answered questions in the past may be able to remember & locate some of your posts, so that someone could go back and retrieve the info??..

Or, perhaps once the lists of FAQ's were posted, we could have a time frame (1-3 months??) where people could reply (post) to individual questions where they had applicable knowledge..

Then the posts could be sorted through & the info collated..

I would like for all users of the forum to weigh in on this to see what everyone thinks!!

baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 30, 2007, 5:41 AM   #2

huge data base. this would probably be better on a site by itself. i'd be happy to help.

robar is offline   Reply With Quote