Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 16, 2007, 4:57 PM   #1

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:04 PM   #2

My condolances on your loss.

Death in the family is never easy.

I hope you pull through it soon.

Fortunately, on this forum, no post iswrong, as it is much like a family here.

BTW - Fantastic self potrait - lighting etc is spot on.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:23 PM   #3

My Condolances also. Take the time to do what you need to do to get through this.

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:57 PM   #4

I would like to extend my condolences as well. Unfortunately, I am going through the loss of my dad as well. He passed on Saturday, July 21 & truthfully, I just wasn't ready to lose my friend. That's what he had become the few years of his life. Sorry, I'm still getting choked up....Fortunately, my brother & sisters & I decided to do his memorial right & celebrate his life & his avid fondness for pictures. He didn't know all of the technical stuff but he knew how to record history which I love him for.

Enough about me, I realize that you don't know me but if he helps to talk to someone in similar shoes, my email address is listed in my avatar. If you aren't comfortable talking to me, talk to him...he is there & ready to listen. I can only imagine how difficult the miles between you could have been. My dad lived very close. Maybe missing the memorial could help with your grieving process...just another issue that may have snowballed.

Good luck on your journey & when you are ready to come back & grace us with some captures, we'll be here. Hang in there, my friend!

wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:28 PM   #5

Sometimes it helps to know you are not alone in your pain. Everysituation is different in some way, but broken families always come with unwelcome baggage, and there are many of those around,and you have lots of company. So try to bear up - time will heal.
Attached Images
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:50 PM   #6

I extend my condolences. Hope that you, in due time, will feel well and come back to this community with your wonderful pictures. That is when the pain and loss finally fadesaway and the happy moments you've had with your father and your kin comes back and are the ones that remain as a treasure memory.

For the time being, thanks for showing confidence in us and sharing your pain with such an expressive picture.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 2:02 PM   #7

My thoughts will be with you during such a trying time. It's so hard to do much photography when you are in pain, I think everyone here would understand that.

Take care of yourself, and I'll look forward to your return, whenever that might be.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 5:04 PM   #8

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. Words can't describe or probably make any difference at this point to what you're feeling. Just know though, that I feel for you, and hope you can recover from the personal blows you've suffered to your self and situation. Time heals as they say, and I only hope it's a short time for you. All the best.

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:00 PM   #9

Sorry also to hear about the loss of your father!

I know when my mother died not too long ago, I found projects to be a great comfort to me as they took my mind off my grief.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:13 PM   #10

If art is meant to convey emotion, then your self portrait certainly qualifies. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I have never found the right words to offer someone suffering such a loss, so instead I can only offer my best wishes and a prayer as you work through this valley in your life.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote