Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 20, 2007, 9:57 PM   #1

Has anyone ever take one ? Any experiences to share ?

There is so much I want to learn but do not live close enough to any schools that offer courses.
sandra7109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:41 AM   #2

I would also like to know this.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:39 AM   #3

I actually learned more from watching the post here and asking questions when I couldn't figure something out. Get a Free EXIF extracting program off the internet and you can see for yourself what settings were used on most of the shots posted here.
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:57 PM   #4

Yes I have taken the Picture Perfect School and took a course titled, "Mastering Landscape & Nature Photography". It was excellent. Was a four week course that included a weekly assignment. Cost was $196.00. I enjoyed it and learned a great deal about lighting, filters, composition etc. Well worth it.
whbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:48 PM   #5

There are some pretty good free lessons at

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:12 PM   #6

Two other online schools I've "attended" are www.lvsonline.com and www.eclecticacademy.com I've taken numerous PSE classes from Eclectic Academy. Sara Froehlich is a great instructor. She really packs her classes full of information.

Then, just finished photography classes from LVS. Both are set up very similarly. 6 week classes, assignments posted to a web page weekly. Message board for questioning things and/or communicating with the instructor and your classmates. You set up a web page somewhere to post the assignments given. Best thing - $20/25 a class. You work at your own pace as long as you finish the assignments by a week or so after the last week.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:27 PM   #7

This is a recent discussion in another forum I frequent. One recommended New York Institute of Photography (http://www.nyip.com/). There were about 4-5 people currently taking course, and really enjoyed it, so far. I signed up for an information packet. We'll see.
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote