Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 12, 2007, 1:05 PM   #1

i'm not going to post any images from this test, just my observations.

104F 1.4x what a sweet converter, razor sharp thru out the f-stop range. wide open i could just make out some CA, this was gone by f4-5.6. i'd recommend it highly. it's a shame it only works on adaptall lenses. best IQ is f8-11. IQ was very good from center to edge. i could detect no loss of IQ.

01F 2x a very fine piece of glass. I'd recommend it also. wide open at high contrast there is a pronounced CA effect but nothing that can't be taken care of in PP. i found that the CA stayed at a low effectthru out the f-stop range. it's still nice and sharp wide open and i noticed just a slight loss of IQ compared to the 104F. it's still VERY usable.. again, best results at F8-11

200F 2X another sweet piece of glass. it's better than the 01F hands down. IQ is on a par with the 104F. saturation is better than the 01F and has more contrast. i did notice some CA wide open but it disappears after F4. IQ was very good from center to edge. this has got to be the best and sharpest X TC I've ever used. image starts to degrade after f18. i can't really say what the difference is to the 01F except the shots just looked fuller if that makes any sense. kind of like the bouquet of different wines.

all 3 of these are very good at what they were designed to do. what i need to do now is compare the pentax 1.4x-s to the 104F. also the tamron 2x mc4 to the 200F. if someone would send me a pentax 1.7x-af i'd be more than happy to make a comparison, also the 2x-l... as above, it's a shame these will only work on the adaptall lenses. if you get your choice of the 01f and 200f be sure to get the 200f.

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links