Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:23 AM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tumbleweed, Arizona
Posts: 1,381

As I have written here, I like the wide angle side better than the telephoto. I have also been banking shots, without a lot of processing and evaluation. So this is one of the first sets of a panorama that I took with the kit lens, bracketing at +/- 2, for HDR processing. Used the kit 18-55 lens in the landscape orientation (I think that a vertical orientation would have been much better). Also, this is the time that I really ran into the memory writing delay, since this was a set of 6 panels (at 3 images each) for a total of 18 frames. Trying to hold things in alignment was a bit difficult.

Anyway, now that I am starting to sift through a lot of shots evaluating various software for stitching (especially using HDR). This is using the PTGui Pro Trial. I like it a bit better than AutoPanoPro. On the exposure, I was for some reason not able to get a consistent set of f stops, so the middle panel set was opened up a bit more and thus washed out. I used the silky software to convert to jpg. I am learning Bibble and want to try to even out the images to get rid of the banding (suggestions appreciated). I want to use Bibble to convert to 16 bit tiff and then stitch, so that I can get better color resolution than just 8 bit jpg in to the processing.

I just noticed I was able to get some cactus in on the foreground on the left side and apparently also got some branches real close in on the right side. Camelback is somewhat washed out on this, but on the RAW it is much brighter and deeper in color. With the camera in a vertical orientation I can capture more sky so as to get a wider image and a better balance in the composition. Also, ther is viginetting that I need to remove, and just a lot of balancing in the sky color and consistency I need to fix. One of the problems is that at the site I shot at, they were scraping a lot, so by now there is probably a house there and this would be the view out the back of their living room.

Thoughts, suggestions and comments would be welcome. I am going to use this set to play around with since it has a lot to correct and some possibilities.
Attached Images
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:17 PM.