Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

View Poll Results: Your lens of choice?
Zoom Super Wide Angle SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Autofocus (kit lens) 10 71.43%
Sigma Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto 28-70mm f/2.8-4 DG Compact High Speed Zoom Autofocus 4 28.57%
Tamron Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical Autofocus Len 0 0%
Phoenix Zoom Wide Angle-Telephoto 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Autofocus Lens 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 23, 2007, 8:26 AM   #11

The Kit lens is a very good lens. But I use my Pentax 28-70mm f4 and my Sigma 28-200mm most of the time.

When I need wider I use my 18-55mm.

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 9:13 PM   #12

For the small extra you pay to get the kit lens with a body, I would recommend that anyone get it, even if you intend to buy something more expensive covering the same range. It does well at closeups, stopped down to f/5.6 -f/8 my example produces very sharp shots. There was a time when the kits lens had been displaced from my camera bag but now it is in there permanently.

I like it so much that I ordered a second copy with my K10d, so I could have it availalbe to both bodies at the same time.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 9:32 PM   #13

Ah, but having the kit lens gives you a lens to sell with the body which makes the body easier to sell when the time comes.

Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote