Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 13, 2007, 7:12 AM   #11

Fantastic shots.

The clarity is wonderful.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 7:37 AM   #12

Great shots-especially #2-black & white really adds impact-looks like it came from "Life" Magazine (for those who remember that) You didn't mention what lens you were using. Thanks.

DMJJR-US Army 1968-1970

DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2007, 8:59 PM   #13

Thanks all for taking the time to look and comment. I think this was the most fun I have had with photography since discovering macro lenses and I could see photographing reenactors becoming my "thing." I will certainly be watching for other reenacting events.

PDL - They did have some young kids there in uniform but most of them were older guys. There was one really elderly gentleman in a German uniform but I suppose he could have been doing a Volksturm impression. I think the big factor is the cost, apparently a full German uniform runs about $1500. I don't think there are too many young guys who can foot the bill.

DMJJR, I only used two lenses that day, the kit lens and a Tamron Adaptall 180mm f/2.5 manual focus lens. Looking back over the shots I posted though, I realize that all of them were taken with the 180mm.

Thanks again,

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote