Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:31 PM   #1

So, if you survived the 1st part and want to see more ...

This is looking towrds Playfair Steps. It could have been a lot better but I just like the relections

The next is the tower of the cathedral

A view towards the castle from The Mound

And now a view along The Mound with the Camera Obscura in the distance

And finally (do I hear sighs of relief?) looking back along the Royal Mile towards the castle

All I can say in defence of these photos is that it was cold, I had had a few drinks earlier, it was very dark, and all were handheld.

All that is left is to wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2007, 5:29 PM   #2

These are great fun! I really like them, especially since I don't often have the opportunity to take night shots (and when I do have the opportunity, I don't often make the effort) so I really appreciate these.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 5:58 PM   #3

I really like the last one. The wet streets help with the extra luminums!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:10 PM   #4

These are just lovely, Keith. Beautiful.

Now I'm wishing I'd made the extra effort last night when I saw a scene I wanted to photograph. We'd been stuck waiting for over 10 minutes for the bridge to come down when I decided to go down and around under the bridge and go a different way. When we were down by the water the reflections under the bridge were so nice. I went back around to get the shot, but when I finally found a place to put the car out of the way I grabbed my camera from the bag and the batteries fell out into the snow and slush. We struggled to find them in the dark and were shocked by them when we pulled them out of the slush. There was no way I was putting them back in my camera at that point. This was a 45 minute ordeal and I forgot I even had spares in my bag. But, now that I know that road under the bridge is there, I'll go back when there isn't snow on the ground and better parking available.

That reminds me, I purchased a Brookstone Messenger Bag http://brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=496349&search_type=se arch&search_words=messenger%20bag&prodtemp =t1&cm_re=Result*R1C1*A ) the other night that worked great for carrying my "shopping" items (wallet, etc) and my K100 fit in the bag comfortably in the front pocket. Probably could have put in the other lens next to it if it had a padded case around it. Wasn't too bulky and certainly didn't look like I was carrying my camera around with me Christmas shopping. Thought I'd pass it along. It was $20 at the outlet store. I'll probably look into getting one of those padded cases for the camera to help protect it since the bag isn't padded.

Anyway, didn't mean to take over your thread. The photos really are lovely.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote