Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 6, 2008, 2:30 PM   #11
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

fisheye4 wrote:
Jay, that one looks pretty cool, but when you tip the camera it looks like the shutter button of the camera is on the bottom, not the top. Is that true for yours? How easy is it to flip? and does it come with the cross bar for getting the flash over the camera, or just the vertical pole?
I guess the main thing I want to know is if you can mount the camera on it so that you can rotate the camera clockwise or counter clockwise?
When the camera is "flipped", it rotates 90 degrees in a clockwise direction (I think the website shows the animation). Thisplaces the shutter button in the lower right hand corner. I'm not sure how any flash bracket (i.e. whether the flash rotates or the camera rotates) would keep the shutter button in the same spot as in the horizontal orientation...hmmm:?. Guess if you had a K10D and a battery grip you could keep the shutter button in the upper right hand corner at all times.

To answer your other questions, it is very smooth and easy to flip and it comes with the cross bar. The cross bar can be disassembled and stored in the supplied pouch which makes it easy for carrying. Oh, one oither thing, you will need the external flash cords (for any flash bracket). I use the one from Promaster. Also, this bracket makes it eastto hold the camera between shots--convenient if you plan to do event photography where you need to walk around takiing shots.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote