Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:08 PM   #11

I got my GPS from BuyDig. They did a great job with customer service for me.

Eddie OM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:20 PM   #12

Whomever you but it from, make sure it is an authorized dealer with USA warranty, and in stock. All the above mentioned dealers are, but Beach carries gray market, too, so be sure to specify and check price (USA is more if what they advertise is grey market). My experience with Beach was not good - they charged my card for an item they said was in stock, but infact was backordered with no certain delivery date - and they were notprompt in refunding after cancellation, either (I had to call the credit card company and block the transaction). B&H has their inventory live on line and will not take an order for an out of stock item. Adorama does not list inventory and will accept orders for backorderted items (they didn't used to tell you until you got the order conformation - don't know what they are doing now). I have had the best experiences with B&H, 17th St photo, and a few ebay dealer/sellers (you have to be careful with ebay, though). Cameta may be OK now that they take Paypal, but they used to make you confirm ebay orders by phone ane pay over the phone by credit card, which was a time-consuming pain with the system they had- and of course they gave you the usual telephone sales pitch for additional items.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:43 PM   #13

I have ordered several camera's from Beach/BuyDig.com and lenses and my spotting scope and never had a problem, always processed fast and shipped within 24 hours until this weekend. Ordered a camera on Friday afternoon, new it wouldnt ship until monday, but just went online today to check it out and it showed backordered. I called and confirmed that it truely was backordered seeing of course it was a PENTAX and they probably wouldnt be getting any more in prior to the announcement of new cameras I just cancelled it and ordered from B&H, a tad more money but they do have their inventory online thats a deal maker for me.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 2:07 PM   #14

If you have not already purchased your camera from Cameta you should have looked at all of the offerings that they had on eBay.

This one was a good deal:

I have bought numerous items from them and have always had great service from them.

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote