Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:53 PM   #1

I have the DS and several lenses so.....After looking and pricing cameras for months I have found a package deal from Cameta on Fee-Bay that has K10D bodya grip and extra battery for $819 + phipping (before rebates too)

I have always been a cash and carry guy but locally all we have is WOLF CAMERA and they have the body and 18-55mm kit for 799.00

I guess my question is has anyone had any personal experience withCameta ? I have read the reviews and feedback.http://cgi.ebay.com/Pentax-K10D-Digi...QQcmdZViewItem

Looked at Adoroma too for the 50-135mm for$ 779.00 if I can convience the better half that this is the cure for my winter case of LBA:!:
biggyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:28 PM   #2

$ 819 with the battery grip? Wow! That sounds like a great price.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I bought my K10d from Cameta in May in a package that included the camera, the kit lens, a 70-300 Tamron, and the battery grip + some really cheap "extras." Total price was nearly $ 1300, so your deal looks even better. Delivery was very fast, although the Tamron lens was backordered. I immediately called them, and they informed me that the lens had already been shipped, and it arrived two days later.I was very pleased, overall.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Adorama has come down a little on the DA* 50-135. I bought mine from B&H for $ 795 because Adorama was at $ 829. This was about a month ago. I can't say how many times I find myself amazed at the capabilities of this lens. (I've postedin several threads on this and the Pentax lens forum.) But, one more. I caught this little fellow at a basketball game last night. (He's the coach's one-year-old.)

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:36 PM   #3

I always check out the prices at B&H and buydig (beach camera- they are the sema company)also when looking at camera equipment. I love B&H and have bought several cameras from them, but often find that buydig is cheaper. After Christmas I bought a good polarizer and step up rings from B&H and a lens from buydig - had no problems with either purchase.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:38 PM   #4

I bought the same package from Cameta about six months ago for $879 less rebates of $125. The camera, grip and battery all perform fine. They arrived promptly in good order.

I've bought from a number of reputable eBay vendors with no problems.

B&H are undoubtedly the most professional outfit, but you do pay a bit extra for that. Buydig/Beach are often the price leaders and also have a good reputation. I've also bought from Adorama without problems.

Stringmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:46 AM   #5

Thanks everybody--Looks like I'll try Cameta.

biggyfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:59 AM   #6

Mine came from Cameta after a friend recommended them. I was not disappointed, nor do I think you will be! Congrats!!!
Eddie OM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 8:35 AM   #7

Hey Chris, I just did a little shopping for you & I realize that these are WITHOUT the grip & extra battery(which are a must!) but I thought you might call either of them to see if you can strike a deal over the phone (since it's getting close to the release of k200d) but both Wolf & Ritz are advertising the "body only" for $599 after rebate. Not sure what Cameta & others are asking for body only.

Here's the links

I don't have any experience with either of them but I just thought I would throw this out there for you.

Good Luck ! As I'm jealous, as I'm still saving up for one!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:41 AM   #8

In this moment the cheaper place is buydig ( or beachcamera ), 609$ for the body and free shipping. With the rebate is 509$. I got it there arrived fast and no problems

Lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:02 PM   #9

Just got mine from Beach at that price, I think amazon has a good price on the grip right now to, close to $100 with rebate (give or take), also picked up some minolta batteries from BH for $9/ea (from a tip someone gave me on here.... they should be here tomorrow.)
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 5:05 PM   #10

Another vote for Beach/Buydig and batteries from B&H! No problems buying from either one.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote