Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 3, 2008, 6:32 PM   #11

ishino wrote:
how about this one as an example?* didn't take it with a pentax though...

It certainly looks like double exposure in film days. You have a good one there.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2008, 7:30 PM   #12

This isn't one of my better pictures, but I think it fits into this category. I took it at the Pima Space and Air Museum in December. It looks like this helecopter got squished, or goes in an odd direction or something...

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:57 AM   #13

a200user wrote:
Do these "lugs" appear to be protrusions or indentations?

They're all up, no down, no up, down, some up and some down - oh b*gger, I don't know.

Note, I can't spell protrusions!!!

Neat illusion, what was real fun was trying to make them change while looking at them. BYW can anyone recommend an eye doctor as mine are hurting ...
Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 11:33 AM   #14

a200user, I had a fin time with yours forcing myself to see them both ways. My first reaction was to see them as indentations, so I looked for a way to force the other perspective. I found that if you stare at the center of an indentation for a few seconds, it becomes a protrusion. Getting back was tricky! I finally found that if you look at the bottom picture, even very briefly, things go back to normal. Try it everybody!
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:52 PM   #15

TDN, Keithw, David

Glad you're having fun with the manhole cover. I had no idea the close up would be an illusion. I took these last summer as part of a monthly challenge - something to do with trying to guess what theclose up is. When I posted it I saw the lugs as sticking out and couldn't get my eye to see them they way they'resupposed to be.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote