Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:25 PM   #1

Given that both cameras use the same 10MP CCD, will it be a better deal buying a used K10D or to get a new K200D? If you think the K10D still is a better buy and is a better camera, do you think it will raise the price pf used K10D'S? Will the new additional features of the K200D be worthy of it's $800.00 plus price?

One is the new entry-level camera and the other is what used to be the company's flagship.

Yvon Bourque

Pentax Socal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2008, 4:44 PM   #2

I believe that something along these lines has previously & Recently discussed with the majority view probably coming out in favour of the K10.

The K200 will be tad smaller using AA sized batteries but with a penta-mirror & is likely to be more expensive than the K10.

The K10 bigger & heavier using Lithion bateries & with a real prism.

I picked up my K10 today & am still reading through the user manual. I compared it with the K100 Super & found the features & speed of operation much improved over both the K100 Super & *istDS which I've been using for past 3 years.
IntrepidWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2008, 5:00 AM   #3

I recently nbought a new K10D and one of the things I like are all the button controls on a Pro style camera.

It is much faster than hunting through menus.

I also find the new exposure modes on teh K10d well worth further experimentation.

philneast is offline   Reply With Quote