Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:37 PM   #21

the reason for using this is reach with a telephoto lens. like shooting into shadows..i don't see a point with using it with a 105mm..
robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 10:00 PM   #22

I realise that Roy...I'll set up a test with it when I can...Be a few days though before I will have a chance to do that...Meanwhile I have been using it to shoot birds in shadow....Check out my Dark side of the Tree post and my no more birds post. Had to do some levels work ther to darken the photos to a more normal light level. Right now for me it is brighter than I need and I have to figure what ISO shutter speed and aperture I need since the flash guide is a little out the window for this much light. Gotta remember Roy The IQ doesn't dimenish by crossing the Alabama line. Having said that I also am very new to all this as I hate shooting with a flash most times and am not that good at it from lack of experience. Most things I do not like to do I develop a block...and it takes main effort to get around it. I do see this as a solution to my having to shoot at times of the day when the sun is not in the right place and the fact that the birds do like staying in the shadows...I promised no more bird shots but will need to do some to dial this in!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote