Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 19, 2008, 12:33 AM   #1

Why it's important to have a weather sealed camera such as the K10D.

[align=justify]Hi Pentax friends,

Sunday late afternoon, we were driving back home from an outing to the country side of San Bernardino county. Along route 18, south the San Bernardino Mountains, a hay farmer (not that I knew, but I asked the farmer what he was growing) was watering the fields. The sun was low and it emphasized the water sprays.

With the farmer's permission, I ventured into the field and started shooting. I liked the effects it was creating, but I was all wet by the time I was finish and so was the Pentax K10D. I'm happy to report that, as advertised, the K10D did not take any water in. It's only after the shootout that the farmer told me that the water was recycled and that I should wash my face and hands thoroughly. So we stopped at the next service station and did just that. I hope I won't get sick from the tainted water! His crop is not intended for human consumption, but for his animal feeding. You think there are any chances the bacteria's could eventually get to us from the meat we eat?

None the less, I thought the effect was worthy of the time spent there.

Thank you for reading, pentaxdslrs

Yvon Bourque [/align]

Attached Images
Pentax Socal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:50 AM   #2

A very nice set, I think the result was worth your getting wet.

You need not worry at all about eating the meat, there are zillions of bacteria in anything the cows eat. And they multiply in the cow's stomach, helping in the digestional process. But they can't pass the cow's bowels' membrane.When the meat is infected, it's due to poor hygiene at the butchery.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:02 PM   #3

Very beautiful photos. I too like the effect of the light through the water!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote