Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:35 PM   #1

From my yard.

EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2008, 10:46 PM   #2

Your doing pretty good for trying to get a handle on it, keep up the good work.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 1:03 AM   #3

Eddy, great shot of the lizard. I like the flowers as well, especially the first one. The last one has excellent color and exposure, especially for a white flower, but it lacks a focal point. In any case it looks like spring has sprung in the Peach state!

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 3:08 PM   #4

I really like your lizard just as it is- very nice shot and definitely my favorite of your series. You could have tried a smaller aperture to try to get more DOF, but I doubt it would have made the picture any better (and it could have ended up having camera shake which would have made it much worse).

The exposure on the last one is right on - white flowers are very difficult to get right (I rarely bother with them any more). However, I think the petals look a bit soft - could it be they need a bit more DOF? Or it could be because there just isn't much in the line of detail in them (I've totally given up trying to get a decent picture of a white azalea).

Your second one (is that an azalea? I don't know but there are some in our local botanical garden) is quite good, too. I've taken a number of pictures of the same flower - they are funny because they always tend to look a bit soft. I'm suspect it has to do with the color markingson the flower - it's a wonderful flower to look at but all of my pictures have been somewhat disappointing for some reason. Yours is better than my usual attempts.

Of the flowers, I probably like your fourth picture the best (though this monitor makes the pink look oversaturated - don't know if it really is). I like the DOF you have on it, and the detail both in the stamens and petals. I find flowers can be extremely frustrating to get right!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2008, 3:19 PM   #5

You seem to be getting a handle on things. Love the lizard.

You should try to control the lighting a bit more, there are a lot of harsh shadows in some of those flower shots.
fisheye4 is offline   Reply With Quote