Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 10, 2008, 4:30 PM   #21

Well after shooting 1800 images on the way to, and in Hawaii, along with another several hundred at the Air and Space Museum, I finally grew very tired with what I have been using and decided once and for all - to find something to switch to and learn it. The Pentax set of utilities, was very difficult for me to use - in particular the user interface was not to my liking. Photoshop Elements 6 was even worse, and not integrated the way and to the level that I thought it should be. I tried out Lightroom 2 and it was MUCH better than Elements by a 10,000% margin, but there were still things I did not like about it (in particular the Catalogs - just give me directories).

So I went with Bibble Labs. I wanted something where I could do everything, in particular - defishing and stitching. I found a defishing plugin and I think that I have figured out how to "glue" a raw stitcher into it (via some scripts), but still working on that aspect.

The one item I really liked was the way Elements let me "publish" an image for web posting. That I liked, and it appears that I can pretty much do the same with Bibble. So for now - decision made. Version 5 is due out this year, and looks to be even better, so I will wait till that is out before griping.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote