Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:06 PM   #11

rhermans wrote:

those Camdapter grip straps look better/larger than the one I had. My biggest problem with it was that it was to narrow.
Hi Ronny,

They are considerably more substantial, and are made from all top grade leather. The cowhide strap is thicker and more robust, but I'm leaning towards the suede as a preference, even with the very heavy big lenses. They are a bit over 52mm wide at the widest.

The tripod QR mounts are handy, though my really big lenses have their own mounts, so I only use the Camdapter mount plates only for shorter lenses. The mount plates are very secure, made of metal, and attach with an allen screw and wrench. They don't get in the way of the battery door, so I don't have to remove them (like the Hakuba/Slik versions with the plastic plate) to replace the battery.

I've also tried the Nikon grip, which is also expensive,

and though it is very secure to the hand, it puts my hand in an awkward position to reach the controls on the back of the cam -- but I've got small hands. . .

If you like using a grip like this, the Camdapters, IMO are the best -- by a long shot. As I said, pricey, but for me, worth it.

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:35 PM   #12

thanks snowstorm

took a chance and ordered one

it sound like it is what i am looking for

dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 6:46 PM   #13

well my cam adaptor finally arrived today, and i most probably have a very deformed hand that i never realised before , cause for some reason, i cannot get it to fit like this picture

dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:05 PM   #14

a bit late

but i just wrap the normal camera strap around my wrist twice
which means i can hang on the camera viaits finger grip with the tip of my fingers of my right hand quite comfortably and the camera isnt going to fall

i can also hang it on my shoulder if i need to use my hands

or around my neck, which isnt often
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:25 PM   #15

I was also wrapping a neck strap around my wrist twice.. but now I finally have a hand strap.. and I've got it for both my cameras.. for pentax k10d and lumix fz50.. It's very comfortable.. only you have to keep it quite loose not to limit using contols.. since I have been used to do everything with one hand..other leaving for a manual focusing that I love do much..
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote