Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2008, 9:48 PM   #1

Yesterday, we had the 6th Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in downtown Belleville, IL. I realize that it may sound funny coming from me, since I refer to my German ancestry but my father-in-law is it's organizer. He has gone from having 6 clans marching around the town square to having 80 floats going 16 blocks this year! Not bad for a town of around 40000. Theweather was cloudy & cool but we still had a nice turnout.

After the parade, my brother-in-law's band performed at one of the local pubs. The young man on the fiddle, bodhran& mandolin is just amazing! He & his younger sister (who plays the harp like an angel) have played around the area, for VP Cheney, & have won competitions in Ireland. Just wonderful to see young folks with such natural talent!

& his tin whistle

These are but a few of the shots that I was very happy to be able to get inside of the pub. If anyone is interested, there's plenty more at my zenfolio site.

Hope you enjoy & have a very safe & happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:56 PM   #2

Thanks Ron and a happy St. Paddies day to you as well. they will have the parade in Huntsville Alabama tomorrow!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote