Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 20, 2008, 7:34 AM   #11

nhmom wrote:
Very nice, Eddy. May I ask what lens you used to get these? I tried some shots of swans this weekend, but couldn't get close enough. I'm not good at judging how far away they were from me. From my learning to drive days - if a gas station is about 500 feet long, maybe that far away??

Good morning Patty.

I used the Tamron 70-300 for the Deer shots. I pretty much kept it on the camera while looking for wildlife shots.

The Mill was with the DA 16-45 and the small waterfall was with the DA 50-200.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 7:46 AM   #12

bigdawg wrote:
When you were in Lynchburg you were just 40 miles north of me Eddy. Hope you had a good trip. The wife and I have decided to stay away from Gatlinburg as it is to touristy now a days! Cades Cove is alright but once you've seen it you don't really want to go back...I've been there 3 times now.

I thought that you lived near the AL/TN line, not far from there.

re: Cades Cove. We spend time there every time we go to the GSM Natl Park. About every other trip, we do the bike ride on Saturday morning around the 11 mi loop.

There's a water fall, Abrams Falls, that is accessible from Cade Cove that we will probably hike to on our next trip. It's about a 2-1/2 mile easy hike.

We also like going to the various shows in both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge while we are there.

Now, for everyone who like going there, or has plans to be there in the near future.....

If you enjoy comedy, one of the best shows in the area is the "Sweet Fanny Adams Theatre" in Gatlinburg. It's and 1890s/Vaudeville type show. Really enjoyable.

My wife likes to souvenier shop in Gatlinburg and I like looking at all of the pretty girls (Wife says I can look until my heart is content. I just can't touch.):G

Coming down from Lynchburg on I-24, we stopped at the Rest Stop on Nickajack Lake. I wanted to take some photos there but the lighting was all wrong at the time. Maybe next time. That has to be one of the most picturesque rest stops anywhere in the country.

EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 8:14 PM   #13

The 1st and last are my favourites, but they are all wonderful.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 7:57 AM   #14

Very nice pictures - I really want to visit that area. The sad thing is that I lived in North Carolina for two years and never took the opportunity to go there. I still can't believe I didn't take the opportunity to spend some time in such a wonderful location.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote