Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:33 PM   #11

My Sunpak 62mm UV and CPL filters arrived today. I will be using them on my Tamron 70-300 Di. It's quite cold here today, but I did a few test shots without and with the CPL.

First one is of my windshield without polarizer;

Now with the polarizer

It gets rid of the reflection straight through to the passenger side window but not that which is backed by a solid object. You can now see the bird poop on my passenger window.

Next is a shot through my kitchen window without polarizer:

You can see the double reflection of the plate in the thermopane window, and now with the polarizer filter:

Sorry about the dirty window. I'll be interested to see how it performs outdoors on water shots. No problems with Autofocus. You do need to position the sun at a 90 degree angle to the direction you are shooting as was mentioned by PDL; thanks for the tip.

My set of 52mm filters for my DA18-55 kit and DA50-200mm should arrive next week.

For $3.00 I'm quite pleased.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:01 PM   #12
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

If you like what it does on reflective surfaces, just wait to see the effect on blue skies! Just remember to positin yourself so that the sun is about 90 degrees to your line of shooting. You will like the extra saturation that will result when you filter out the spurious reflections.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote