Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:55 AM   #21

Very nice find, Ed. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in a quandry on stuff like this. I end up taking multiple shots at different settings and then can't decide what I like best. Wishing I could go back and do over at a different angle once I see them on the computer screen.

I think I would like to see less of the building, but with the newer wood at the back end by the wheel it ruins the "age" of the photo. I think the b&w version fixed that well enough.

Nice job with your restrictions, though.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2008, 11:24 AM   #22

I like the second one better as well. I think it would have had more depth if shot later or earlier in the day. In the first shot the forestis about the samebrightnessas themill. Had it been later, it is possible the forest would have been darker and let the mill stand out more. Color wise a later in the day shot would have given the wood more of a glow and added shadows that would have helped depth as well. It is still a pretty neat subject and deserves a few more trips!

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2008, 4:41 PM   #23

Here is what I'd do.

Vertical crop with a bit of darkening and added contrast.

Ian Mc
Attached Images
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote