Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:33 PM   #11

Yesterday was our first real day of spring. Birds singing, sun through the haze, flowers on the ground... Wouldn't mind going to Antelope Valley, though. Nice macros, Chris!

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:21 AM   #12

Where exactly is Antelope Valley, I may fly out there next week if this cold weather doesn't go away soon.

The cranes came back today also, I bet they are contacting their travel agent trying to get their money back.

ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:09 AM   #13

The pictures were taken at the Antelope Valley California Poppy Reserve near Lancaster, California. It's located south of Hwy. 138 and west of Hwy 14 (or east of Interstate 5) in the Lancaster/Palmdale area. The flower display was beautiful yesterday and there's still poppy plants that haven't bloomed - they think it will peak next week or so. Well worth the trip if you are in the SoCal area.

The Gorman Hills are dusted in yellow, with one small hillside covered with lupine andothers showpoppies starting to bloom a bit. I can't decide if its still a bit early or just not that good of a year yet. The area was burned two years ago and the hills are still fairly barren.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:55 AM   #14

One of these days I will have to make a trip down there... a bit far for a day shoot Great shots...
ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote