Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:51 PM   #1

I recently got an FA50 1.4 for low light shots. My wife uses flourescent energy saving bulbs all over the house and the K100D white balance just can't seem to get it right.

So I took this photo with the FA50 1.4, AF360 flash and home made bounce card.

Cropped and no other PP.

C&C ?

Attached Images

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:53 PM   #2

Looks good to me. Out of curiosity, what does your home made bounce card look like? I've been experimenting a bit and wondered what others have come up with.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:30 PM   #3

I took a white cardboard gift box. Cut out the desired size rectanglefor my AF360 flash. I attach it to the flash with a rubberband. I guess you could get fancy and attach velcro strips to the sides of the flash and the card.

This is how it looks attached to theflash front view:

And from the back:

When off the flash it opens flat, and you can use it as a white card for manually setting white balance.

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 9:48 PM   #4

Very cool-looking! So far all I've tried was the cone coffee filter I use for a white card, along with a 3 x 5 piece of photo paper, both attached with a rubber band. The photo paper isn't very big, but adding the coffee filter helped. I've been trying to see if I could come up with something that is small enough to fit in the top of my camera bag with the flash, but still be effective.

By the way, I recognize that scale you used for a ruler. I don'toften use that side, though.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2008, 1:16 PM   #5

Hi Mtngal, this is my home made bounce card, made from half of a2mm thick foam sheetI gotfrom Walmart (42 cents). With this size it's good more than enough in a small room, I have not tried the size from a whole piece yet. It is foam then it let some soft light through to the front when it bounces the back wall, and beside that I find it is more flexible and durable, then easier towork withthan the one made with paper.
Attached Images

Ken T is offline   Reply With Quote