Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:00 AM   #11

I rather accidentally discovered that ISO 1600 could be useful, when I took the test shots with the demoK20 in the camera store. I used 1600 on both cameras in the relatively good light in the store and was surprised that the K10 did rather well - no sign of the problems I had remembered when I first got the camera. I then played around with it some and found that the vertical banding and the horrible patterns it is prone to appear under somewhat specific conditions. If the exposure is lighter or darker, it isn't as bad. I actually worked quite a bit on that picture because there was some banding in the sky that Neat Image didn't correct, so I blurred just the sky (love Photoshop). I thought it came out well.

Actually, this mural is on the building housing the Physics department. The math building has similar murals, though.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 5:59 PM   #12

What a majestic send-off for the K10D!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
brokenbokeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2008, 6:17 PM   #13

Awesome collection of photos. Thanks for posting.

You have inspired me to go back to our local University, unfortunately it's supposed to rain this weekend, and maybe snow.

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote