Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 16, 2008, 9:39 AM   #21

We Aussies travel to North America to see Autumn colours! Also mountains, wildlife, friendly people etc

beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:08 PM   #22

Wonderful series of flowers! And so much in agreement for my will for color this spring.. Thank you, harriet, for sharing.. my fave from these is the one with wood.. the last one.. but I do really understand why did you get a hard time choosing.. They all are beautiful.. with a lovely color and a plenty of detail.. Great job!
DigitalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 2:11 PM   #23

Thanks for the Aussie information - I thought it was interesting how my thought pattern went: Australia is having autumn. Autumn has bright trees changing color. We don't have that. What is Australia REALLY like - I've only seen pictures of (more or less) desert (Ayers Rocketc.)and beautiful beaches. There's an awful lot of the country I have no clue about - I'll ask the question. So often our perception of some place is influenced by one aspect, either seen on TV or otherwise publicised, and that's only a small part of the whole "picture", if you will.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:19 PM   #24

i cant speak for the rest of Australia
i reckon the tropics or the mountains over east would be different to here

and Tasmania is, well, Tasmania

in the south west we dont have native deciduous trees, the bush is the same green all year round, only the flowers change ( or the leaves get wet in winter )
there are non native deciduous trees in parks and gardens, but even though we are half way through autumn there has been much changing of colour yet

any chance of you posting more wildflower photos

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote