Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:56 PM   #1

Which should i buy ? i can get both for the same price.

I think high ISO is much better on the K200D , can someone confirm this ?
guillermovilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:36 PM   #2

They are very similar, same body, same sensor.

One difference is the controls.

Theh K10D is designed for advanced photographers and has lots of controls on the body, while the K200D hs more automatic modes and uses menus to set more of the adjustments.

philneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:34 PM   #3

Tough questions, there's some advantages both ways. As Phil pointed out the K10 has additional controls on the camera body that I used all the time. On the other hand, I love the dust alert feature (it shows you on the LCD where any dust on the sensor is - very cool and useful!) found on the K200 and K20. I had an early K10 and had noise issues, along with vertical banding at 1600. The pictures I've seen posted by people who bought later K10s didn't seem to have the same issues. The K200 pictures I've seen do look like Pentax solved the problem. I'm not sure you could really say that high ISO is "much better" - though solving the vertical banding issue is significant since noise reduction software won't take it out.

Another difference you might or might not be interested in is that the K200 is lighter than the K10, without losing the weather sealing. The lighter weight would be an advantage to me, but others might not care since the weight difference isn't huge.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote