Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 16, 2008, 5:40 AM   #41

wittetulp wrote:
so I can, have to admit was made with P&S Canon s45, are non pentax pictures allowed??
Sorry, but no, for this little photography competition it has to be a Pentax Dslr. You are certainly welcome in our forums. Pentax has been a popular choice here at Steve's for people stepping up from the high end point and shoots and bridge cameras into a Dslr.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 7:19 AM   #42

thought so, just wanted to try whether i could manage posting a picture and as i have been looking around on the pentax forum for a bit, this was an a s good a place as any to try, specially as i had a few pictures fitting in with the theme. I am considering buying a s 100d super (going to have a look this weekend).

wittetulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 6:58 PM   #43

I'm going to try this as my monthly entry. While trying to decide what to enter this month, and not really finding a whole lot of ideas, I found myself in the middle of a power outage on a Friday night. The only light in the family room came from this very old oil lamp, and I managed to get this one using ISO 3200.

goldwing85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 10:30 PM   #44

I didn't think I had anything for this contest. But I had a few silhouettes sitting there in Bridge from my trek into the wilderness last week. I had a tough time choosing between the best two. Here is my choice. Taken with a K100D and Pentax 12-24, ISO 800, f5.6, 3.5s (camera resting on a rock). Cropped to straighten and resized to meet posting requirements.
Attached Images
No_Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2008, 11:05 PM   #45

Dang you guys, thems some pretty pictures!
I wann a play too, but I haven't had a chance to get out at a good time of day.
pdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 6:40 AM   #46

I shot this cheerleader silhouetted against the sky yesterday at a football scrimmage. I thought about a closer crop with just her and the sky, but decided to leave the light tower at the left in the shot to establish a setting. What do you think? Light tower in or out?
Attached Images
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 12:11 PM   #47

My first reaction is to leave the lightpost in - it gives your girl context.

I've been using people eating lunch in the botanical gardens for silhouettes, and couldn't quite get it to work - if I filled the frame with the person, it lost the context of the botanical garden and the flowers/plants were just an OOF mass. If I backed off I ended up with either the silhouette sharp or the flowers sharp, but not both. When I backed off even further (used the 12-24), I lost the feeling of the silhouette - the person on the bench became a distraction. At that point I gave up. I believe there's a way to make it work, but I haven't found it yet.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2008, 8:17 PM   #48

may have posted this before. Here goes anyway:

"Man on Roof"

Shot with FA43
Attached Images
Gazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 5:22 AM   #49

My Avatar - 'Love At Dawn'
Attached Images
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2008, 2:09 PM   #50

I decided I like this one better. Besides I actually took it for the challenge so somehow it has more legitimacy than the first one I posted!

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote