Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 21, 2008, 5:39 PM   #11

Rodney9 wrote:
Cool shot, what is it ?
Rodney, you don't have these critters Down Under. North America has a variety of squirrels (which are rodents), arboreal ones, terrestrial ones, and even a "flying squirrel" (like your sugar gliders). The one in the feeder looks like an Eastern Gray Squirrel, one of the arboreal ones. In the West we have a number of terrestrial Ground Squirrels - you can see one of these in some pictures recently posted in the Wildlife Forum:

penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2008, 5:47 PM   #12

OK - now I have a question. The common squirrel around work has more brown highlightson it than what you posted in the wildlife forum. At home our squirrels don't have any brown on them at all - strictly grey (light bellies, darker grey backs, very bushy tails. I think they are a bit larger than the squirrels around UCLA). There's another squirrel that I saw in Yosemite, that was almost spotted, more like what you posted in the other forum, and seemed to be a bit smaller than the brown/grey squirrel. Are any of them the California Grey Squirrel, or are they all something else?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote