Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old May 27, 2008, 6:27 PM   #1

Using the above lens, the camera is stuck on "no flash" on Auto, SCN, and other modes. Selecting Fn/down goes into Flash Mode, but the two auto-flash selections are disabled. I was unable to select the scene

When I changed to thePentax 18-55mm lens, I was able to select SCN mode, then Fn/Ok and was able to change the scene to a "flash friendly" mode and all was well.

Going back to the Sigma lens disabled the flash again. It seems to be locked into museum mode with this lens, although that is not displayed when Fn is pressed.

Any ideas what's going on? Is SCN mode dependent on the lens?

FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2008, 11:05 PM   #2

I've never actually used any of the SCN modes on my K100, so I don't have any first hand experience. But the manual says that if you are in night scene, sunset, candlelight or museum modes the flash will be disabled (p. 51 in the owners manual). So that answers the question as to why the flash options aren't available when the scn mode is museum. But why you would be stuck in museum mode with that particular lens - it isn't a manual lens is it? Or one where you were not using the "A" setting on the aperture ring? I just tried a manual lens on my K100 and put it to SCN, then pushed the fn button to try to change the mode - the OK button is greyed out so changing it to anything else isn't an option. Also only the manual flash is shown. There might be a problem with your Sigma lens, if it is not locking into the "A" position.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote