Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 1, 2008, 8:53 PM   #1

Lousy weather today caused a three hour power outage, so I had little else to do but sit on my front porch and take photos of birds at the feeder. I got a surprise when I saw a Blue Grosbeak, an infrequent visitor to the yard.

Most of you have had a favorite diner where each of the regulars has "his" table. Well, evidently the Grosbeak was horning in on a regular's spot

The Grosbeak led the Cardinal on a couple of rounds of ring-around-the-rosie, but refused to leave the feeder. The Cardinal tried a new tactic, leaping down from the feeder and circling...

Things got really interesting when an indigo bunting decided to stake out his own claim

The bunting was chased off the the final result was what they should have done in the first place..."smile nice for the camera, Red"

Unfortunately, a dispute this morning between a Chipping Sparrow and a Tufted Titmouse was simply not subject to any form of negotiated settlement as each side took an intractable negotiating stance.

All were shot with the K20 with the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 with the matching APO 2X Teleconverter. I'm very impressed with the combo. No appreciable loss of sharpness...focusing is rapid as long as you have sufficient light...all in all, a terrific addition, and a huge step up in sharpness at the upper end from my Phoenix 100-400.

Hope you enjoy,

Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:28 PM   #2

What fun pictures! The narrative also adds to the pictures, an interesting insight into the world of birds.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:06 PM   #3

Seems the birds in Arkansas are not as polite as the Alabama varieties. LOL

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2008, 10:45 PM   #4

What a lovely way to spend 3 hours and what wonderful series came from it.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote