Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 11, 2008, 3:06 PM   #11

Hi Tom
good luck and a lot of fun with your new gear.
bye alex

albreca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 6:53 PM   #12

vIZnquest wrote:
My interests with strobe lighting photography (greatly influenced by Dave Black) has increased to the point that I don't really pick up my Pentax dSLR when going on a shoot. The CLS with N****n has been so much fun to work with and has produced some very fine results. This is where Pentax struggles along with lens availability (at least that has been my experience). Getting the equivalent in flash units, 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8 and 85 1.8 would have cost me much more with Pentax.
My interest (or lack of interest ) in using flash is really primitive. Basically I avoid it if I can and my simple Sigma 500ST non-wireless setup is still ok with me.
I prove operator error/competence is more relevant in this area.

My skill if any is limited to the use of bounce flash.

Pentax lens line up in tele lens really sucks . But anything under 200mm it offers quite a bit of choice and competition on all FL (under 200mm).

Keep us posted re your endeavor. What is important is that you feel comfortable in pursuing your goal.

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:33 PM   #13

gee tom,
I'll miss you also. if i ever(very doubtful) the N*** would probably be where I'd go..

that dual macro rig really gets my blood running when i see it..

i know i haven't posted much for the last 7-8 months but with all the others here that offer help it's pretty moot if i did.. when i first started posting here i had serious reservations if this forum would ever make it..
NOW?? gawd, look at it now....

robar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:07 PM   #14

Hi Tom,

Sorry that Pentax could not hold you.. But a camera is just a tool. You just have to find the right tool to use that suits you.. Don't be a stranger!

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote