Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 9, 2008, 3:59 PM   #1

I started with Pentax as my first dSLR. I learned alot from the posters here starting with robar. He is one of the few originals left.

My interests with strobe lighting photography (greatly influenced by Dave Black) has increased to the point that I don't really pick up my Pentax dSLR when going on a shoot. The CLS with N****n has been so much fun to work with and has produced some very fine results. This is where Pentax struggles along with lens availability (at least that has been my experience). Getting the equivalent in flash units, 28mm 2.8, 50mm 1.8 and 85 1.8 would have cost me much more with Pentax.

I will still view the great work here by all when time permits but I have time constraints due to other interests that will keep me from being a regular poster anyway.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2008, 4:29 PM   #2

Another person leaving who I admire! I understand why you are leaving, a friend of mine was explaining the N*n flash system and it sure sounds awesome for those that are doing that type of photography. I'll miss seeing your posts around here, but understand why you are going to be moving on.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 8:33 PM   #3

Sorry To See you Go. Best of luck with Your new endeavorers.

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:31 PM   #4

Wow, two members gone on the same day:shock:.

Good luck in your future endeavours, the N***n flash system is the class leader right now so your choice is understandable. I think that would be my choice if I were leaving Pentax.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:47 PM   #5

I will miss you Tom. I'll especially miss your unabashed critiques of my photos...I've learned a lot from those! Have fun with the new equipment and I hope for the best for you my friend!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:49 PM   #6

Hi Tom,

It's been refreshing having someone around who, while finding another system more suitable to their needs, chose not to denegrate Pentax gear.

Thanks for you past contributions to the forum, and best wishes for your future endeavors.

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:35 PM   #7

Goodbye and Good Luck.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:48 AM   #8

Have fun with your new system. I tried a pair of Nikon flashes on D80 from a friend a few months back and it is really great. That plus some long fast zoom lenses.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2008, 5:42 PM   #9

From one Tom to another Tom, you can't leave yet! I've got too much yet to learn. Good luck with your new system. You know, you can still stop by every once in a while. I'll save my questions until you come back by. :G
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:55 AM   #10

Thanks everyone,

I just want to say my use of N***n has been two years running. It is not new or a sudden jump of ship for me.

My increased interest in using speelights and the creativity of it has had me using the Pentax gear, less and less. In fact, I only used it in a couple of outings this year. I shoot lots of events and gatherings and the use of speedlights have dramatically improved the look of my shots. Also, the great deal of fast glass was easier to come by with N***n at such low prices I could not pass them up in hopes I could find an equivalent with Pentax. This is due in part that I don't use E(vil)bay. I go to camera shops all over the area I live in. Finding them used and in such great condition and for a great price has had meusing N***n more and more. The CLS if one is inclined as I am to use flash is second to none.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote