Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jun 16, 2008, 4:40 AM   #1

Its bigger. DS and Bigma were OK to hand hold. Not sure about K20D and Bigma.

Sigma EF530DG Super flash and K20D great. Wireless control using on board flash as trigger works a treat. No need for cable or 3rd party trigger.

Lots of buttons and other controls. But they are so intuitive. Great design. Only a short while to becomfortable with this new camera.

ISO 100 to ISO 6400 and ISO priority!

Attached Images
beachboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2008, 2:34 PM   #2

Hi BB2,

It only gets better the longer you use it. With almost 2.5x the resolution, possibly better high ISO performance, and the increased speed in almost every aspect, with all the adjustability in image characteristics, the K20 is a very significant step up from the DS.

One thing you might look for is the 1.01 firmware update. It apparently cures the 2 sec timer / multiple varying hot pixel issue that DPR found in their first two test cameras. The problem was that the 2 sec timer caused the appearance of as many as a hundred hot pixels in the shot at longer shutter speeds. These pixels were not permanently hot though. They would appear at different locations on different shots.

I've downloaded it, but haven't yet installed it since I very rarely use the camera this way. I've found that Pentax tends to sneak in tweaks that are not documented into their firmware updates, so I'll probably install it soon.

Congrats on the new body -- I'm pretty sure that you'll be pleased.

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 9:36 PM   #3

Congratulations, I hope to get mine soon.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:05 PM   #4

Congrats on the new camera - I felt the same way when I got the K20, and I was coming from the K10 (so the weight wasn't a big shock to me). Wireless flash is great fun, isn't it? And it seems like a forgiving camera.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote