Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:08 PM   #11

Patty, I've had both the Pentax Bag and the Lowepro 200. For the equipment you're listing, I think the Pentax Bag will be more than adequate.
EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:33 PM   #12

Thought I'd give you an update since you were all so kind to help with input.

I ended up going a totally different route. I stumbled upon the Lowepro Fastpack 100 in Best Buy last week. Went researching it and ended up getting the Fastpack 250. (I really wanted a bag that would hold the K100 with the 70-300 on it.) It's much larger than I'd first been looking for, but I realized it would help with another problem I always have when traveling.

First the Fastpack has a side entry just like the Sling that I like, but it is more like a backpack than "across the body" bag. I ended up with the 250 because whenever I fly, I carry my laptop in my "rolly" bag and they always make me check it at the door of the plane. I figure with this bag, I can carry the laptop and camera on board the plane, let them check my rolly bag with clothes or something in it. I can use it in the airport between gates to roll my Fastback bag around. Then, when I get to where I'm going, I switch to using the rolly bag for the laptop. The bag is not that big to just use as a camera bag when I don't have the laptop with me.

We'll be going to Newport, RI tomorrow so I get to check it out as a "just camera" bag.

p.s. I got to handle the K20 today in the camera store. I am so wanting that camera! But, it's just not in the stars right now. We'll see if my photos win any first place ribbons at the fairs this year. I'm mostly submitting Pentax photos. Whereas, in the past, I've backed down and submitted mostly Olympus p&s shots that were clearer. I may get the courage up to show you guys what images I'm thinking of submitting. We'll see. If there are any more fantastic K20 shots in the forums, I give!
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2008, 9:25 AM   #13
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Patty (or any one else who knows): Can the Fastpack carry a tri-pod as well?

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote