Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:33 PM   #81

I'm a sucker for the crystal clear wildlife images such as Mike's (Island Brook Trout) gull shot, Don's (thekman620) duck and DAZ's lizard. All three are great shots, photographically. I was also impressed by the superb contrast, exposure and lightingof Glenn's (Lyrics51) Rook card shot and tdotho's skyline, fish-eye shot.

But, in keeping with the true concept of the topic of this month's challenge, I have to give my vote to Ira's Cobb's Pond shot. I love the impact of depth it gives and the captured symmetry in a subject that, in reality, has no symmetry. Thanks Ira!
PinonMesaJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 1:28 AM   #82

At least five or six that deserves a vote, but I finally settle for Glenn's (Lyrics51) beautiful interpretation of the subject. Makes me remember my childhood, whenthe whole family including grannyoften were gathered around a table playing cards.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:01 AM   #83

My vote goes to Driver3's Lagoon. Also really liked Paul's Waterfall and tdotho's fisheye cityscape.
No_Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:48 AM   #84

Like everyone else has mentioned, this was a particularly hard month to choose from. Tdotho's fisheye cityscape, Cobb's Pond from Ira, and Lyrics' hand are all worthy of recognition. I am going with Dennis's Indian River shot as my vote though, out of this very close field.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 3:32 PM   #85

After looking though all the shots for this months vote many times over. It came between 2 shots that really jumped out at me. Those two would be Ira's amazing shot, and driver3's beatifully captured shot. At the end of the day, the pic I keep coming back to and looking at more and more, is Ira's.

So in summary I vote Ira's shot.
PanagiotisDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 5:24 PM   #86

On the grounds that it is just so unreal to see a Saturn 5 from a "normal" town, I'm going for Dawg's photo.

Keithw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 7:54 PM   #87

For me it came down to Driver3 and Ira with Driver3 getting the nod.

snooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 8:03 PM   #88

Yet again, another tough month! My vote goes for.......a.... or b.... or was it c..., no maybe b.....???? Okay, I'm picking Ira's shot. Lovely!

It was nice to see some newcomers joining in this month. Welcome to the crowd. Keep em coming. Yours were some on my list of can't decides.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 12:01 AM   #89

I think this is the hardest month for voting - the topic was probably a bit TOO broad. There are so many worthy shots and I'm glad to see that others have mentioned or voted for them (for very good reason). I finally managed to get it down to two pictures that are totally different. I think that Glenn's hand is the more apropos for the topic, but in the end my eye keeps going to back to Ira's pond.

My vote goes to Ira.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 5:56 AM   #90

Another extremely hard month for voting. Great images by everyone.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"My vote goes to Ira and the striking image of the pond. Very nicely done.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Dennis
Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote