Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:52 AM   #1

Though I haven't said anything here about it, I was diagnosed about a month ago as having a probable cancerous tumor in my bladder.

The initial outlook was for surgery for the removal of the tumor to be followed by several months of Chemo-Therapy.

I wasn't real excited about all of this.

On Monday of this week I had the surgery. The tumor was removed and I remained in the Hospital overnight, recovering, awaiting the Pathology report and what my Urologist had to say.

Around noon yesterday my Urologist visited with me and shared the news.

The tumor was, in fact, malignant. However, in the surgery, he was able to not only get the tumor out, but all of the affected tissues as well. So, the only thing I now have to do is go back in three months, and every three months thereafter, for a procedure called a "Cystoscope" to make sure that all is well and that no other tumors have formed.

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon and am home today resting.

Needless to say, I am a Happy Camper today. I was very anxious about the outcome of the surgery and it appears that things have gone my way.

Life is good. And now, maybe, I can get back to the important things in life like getting out and taking some good photos.

EddyinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:35 PM   #2

Hi Eddy,

You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery from the surgery and continued good health. This is good news indeed!

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:50 PM   #3

Hi Eddy,

That's the best kind of news, and I'm sure you're very relieved, I know I was... a while back now after a routine blood test they found a high level of some protein in my blood that can indicate a cancer problem, after more blood tests + a CT scan and Ultrasound scan of my liver, I was given and all clear. It was a verynervous period in my life I can tell you. I just have 6 monthly checks now, and so far all OK. It's nice to know someone's keeping tabs on the situation.Here's hoping for continued healthy progress for you. You can relax some now with the camera hopefully. ... Jack.
jachol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:06 PM   #4

Good news! Now use your rehabilitation period well and promise to show us the results.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:08 PM   #5

This indeed is good news. Best to you in your recovery which looks to be a short one hopefully and getting into that much needed shutter time.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:37 PM   #6

Super magnificent great wonderfull news.

Have a speedy recovery
rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 5:42 PM   #7

Hi Eddy, great news and i hope you'll have fully recovered soon.
bye alex
albreca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 7:16 PM   #8

great news Ed
recover quickly, my prayers are with you.
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:28 PM   #9
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

That kind of news is always good to hear! Hope your recovery is speedy and look forward to more pictures from you soon.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2008, 8:49 PM   #10

That is good news. Hope you have aspeedy recovery.

My father was diagnosed early with bladder cancer--he had about the same good luck you did.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote