Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 27, 2008, 6:39 PM   #1

I was looking at Craig's List today and did a search for "tripod". The first one on the list was a Bogen 3033 with 3047 head, and it was a guy that lives about a mile from me (this is a small town of 4000)!!! Price: $75.00 and it even has a genuine Bogen carrying strap and the quick release plate was in the head.

So, I asked th guy if he was a photographer (he's an older fellow), and he said "No, I used it for my spotting scope for hunting."

It's a bit heavy, but really solid--I should be OK if I don't go too far off the beaten track (I have another lighter weight Slik that I use, too).
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 27, 2008, 8:06 PM   #2
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

That sounds like a lucky find. I got myself a new tripod + head last week and could not be more pleased with it. I got a used Manfrotto 190X ProB and a Manfrotto 488 Midi head--both rock solid and capable of handling the K20D+Grip + long lenses. I know what you mean about the weight and bulkiness. However, your camera will be on solid footing!

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:46 PM   #3

Well done! A tripod is starting to rise up on my list of priorities. I just can't quite come up with what would be something that I'll take along with me. I know that a tripod will allow me to take pictures I can't take handheld, but there's a weight/size issue. I haven't decided what is going to win out - a desire for a steady enough tripod to support the K20 and my heavier lenses or my desire to have something that I'll carry (i.e., not too heavy) and quick to set-up (if it's too much work, I probably won't bother).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote