Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jul 29, 2008, 6:18 PM   #1

I'm using my laptop, and it's getting harder for me to figure out what photos look like. I downloaded Safari today, just to see if I like it better than explorer and used it to upload some photos to an album on zenfolio. They looked funny to me, so I looked at them on another computer (usingIE but with the monitor set at a fairly low resolution)and they fuzzy there. I opened the album on my laptop using IE and they look OK. So please tell me what you think of them - do they look OK to you or should I take them down, rework them when I get home and upload them again?

The followingone is about the only one that I thought looked reasonably OK, but still not sure about it, either.

If it doesn't look OK, please let me know so I can figure out if it's because I didn't pp them correctly, or if using Safari made a difference for uploading/viewing, or if they are just lousy pictures because of operator error or equipment problems.

Thanks very much!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:44 PM   #2

Hi Harriet,

They look very good to me -- especially if blurriness is your concern. All are sharp and clear to my eyes.

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 7:47 PM   #3
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Sharpness looks fine to me. However, colors look a bit washed out--almost as if there is a haze. I'd be interested to see what others think since I just installed a new wide screen LCD monitor on my PC and want to make sure it is reasonable calibrated.

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:01 PM   #4

Hey Harriet,
They all look god on my monitor. Very sharp and clear but, as Jay said may be just a tad weak on the color. #2 looks very sharp!
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:05 PM   #5

I agree with jelpee, the color appears just a "tad" washed out. I looking at them on a 2-month old, non-calibrated 20" Dell widescreen monitor. I am having no problem with the sharpness of any of the pics.
tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:36 PM   #6

Hi Harriet

I agree with the others. Pictures are nice and Sharp, But look a little Washed out.

I Have a Calibrated 19" LCD Here.

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 8:38 PM   #7

I agree with the others too. Sharpness looks fine but a bit washed out. I am viewing in Firefox on a calibrated CRT monitor
sasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:00 PM   #8

They look good on my laptop, sharp, but I'm not sure about the color. It may be your subject matter and it looks like the shadows were getting long (late afternoon?).I would agree with the others on the washed out colors except for the sky in #1 and the bit of green in lower left corner of #3, so I think they're ok.

I was at a Red Rock Canyon outside Las Vegas some years ago and the scenery and colors look very similar to what I see in your photos.
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 9:03 PM   #9

Thanks for the info - I'll re-process these when I get home to correct the curves - they don't look that bad color/contrast-wise on the laptop's monitor, which means it's not set right (no surprise there). I'll be so glad to get home to my calibrated monitor! When I get home I'll look at them again using both Safari and IE, and see if there's a difference. I suppose it could also have something to do with howzenfolio's software works with Safari,I suppose. Does anyone here use it (Safari on a PC)on a regular basis?
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2008, 11:40 PM   #10

Harriet, they look quite nice on my screen. I bought an inexpensive 19 inch monitor recently and it has been a lot better than my laptop screen. The big difference being you can change your angle of view without changing the brightness and contrast.

Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote