Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:25 PM   #11

Great shots, can't wait to see more.
I am afraid I can not count how many ticks .
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:33 PM   #12

Some say the Cape Buffalo is the most dangerous animal in Africa when irritated, and he was giving you the eye. Being that close must have been a tick-lish situation! :roll:

Some days you need a wide angle when you expect to be using the telephoto, so you end up with close-ups without a close-up lens. I guess that about covers it. You are obviously better equipped than you were on your last trip . . . .
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 12:58 AM   #13

Wonderful pictures (though that's really closer than I'd feel comfortable with)! I want to pet the zebras, but not the rhino. My favorite is the eye.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 5:39 PM   #14

Thanks all for the nice comments. More are on their way in pp.

Jim, I have never been to Zambia but I do think it would be a good idea to get a few spare batteries. If you are going like a tourist on a travel agency arranged tour, there will be electricity where you sleep, but it might be out for the day. If you have arranged your trip in another way, e g to see friends or for work, that's an entirely different story. My experience from Africa is that nothing can be counted on and anything can be predicted. I guess that you'll have even more animals though, than I saw in SA where they are only found in game reserves.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote