Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 2, 2008, 5:46 AM   #71

I didn't enter this month, but I'd like to vote for PianagiotisDJ's lower manhatten.

a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 6:32 AM   #72
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

My vote goes to the Nhmom's (Patty's) Candy Store.It is a creative and colorful interpretation of the topic "Wide".

Honorable mentions to Ira for his fish eye shot without a fish eye lens:lol:and for Ennacac (Tom) for using a Fish Eye lenswith no Fish Eye effect:-)! Not withstanding the lenses in use, both were also very nice images!

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 6:41 AM   #73

PianagiotisDJ's New York gets my vote with Tom's (ennacac) sunflowers and Driver3's sunrise following very close behind.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 8:11 AM   #74

A tough choice. I couldn't make it last night and I'll probably change my mind later today, but I'll vote now. Both Tim and Dennis put up outstanding sunsets, and I love Glenn's train stop picture, but I think panagoistDJ's picture does the best job of combining thesubjectwitha beautiful, interesting picture.

My vote goes to panagoistDJ.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:28 AM   #75

I really liked Tim's sunrise, PanagiotisDJ's skyline, Glenn's train station scene and Harriet's River Valley pic.

I am going to go with the skylinf of PanagiotisDJ this month. Well Done!

Driver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 1:42 PM   #76

With this many great shots, you'll have to excuse me for being long-winded (again).

First, I've got to say that one of my favorites was Dennis's first "Not an Entry" shot at the beginning of the thread. :-)

Some that really stand out to me are Mike's (Island Brook Trout) Torbay shot - great vista, Ed's (snooked) clouds andDan's (No-Pro), Dennis's (Driver3), Jay's (jelpee) and Tim's (NonEntity1) beach and/or sunset shots.

That said, my two favorites that I had a hard time choosing between are Glenn's (Lyrics51) train station shot and PanagiotisDJ's shot of Lower Manhattan.

Glenn's image is unique in that he captured the perfect perspective and vanishingpoint by placing himself along the top of that wall and line of fluorescent lights, yet did not bring that point to the center of the image.So, the viewer, while perhaps focused on the people across the tracks, is drawn to that vanishing point down the tracks. Based on his foresight in capturing these qualities, my final vote goes to Glenn's train station shot.

PinonMesaJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2008, 5:22 PM   #77

Lots of honorable mentions this month, but Dennis's sunrise captivates me with its colors and composition, so I am going with it.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 7:13 AM   #78

Again, as usual there are a great many shots to choose from this month. After carefully reriewing all the shots, I have to say that I really love Harriet's shot of the river wide. That image captivates me every time I look at it, and cant seem to take my eyes off it.

I vote Harriet's River Wide

PanagiotisDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:56 PM   #79

This theme provoked a lot of people to go out and do their best, and many were successful in that. I could have voted for many, but finally settles for Glenn's train station. I loved that picture immediately, I think it's a great picture and it keeps growing the more I look at it.

Honorary chuckle for Ira's. It takes some balls to post a photo like that.:-)

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2008, 10:39 PM   #80

The quality in the monthly competition keeps getting tougher and tougher. My vote this month is for Tom's sunflowers. I am not going to name all the ones that got a second and third look, there were too many.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote