Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Aug 23, 2008, 10:53 PM   #1

I went on a photowalk today, a world-wide photowalk. The group I was with went around Lands End in San Francisco. Our trip included visiting Lands End, the labyrinth, and Sutro Bath. Much to my shock, I WASN'T the only Pentax user out there (there was one K10D user; Robert, are you in this forum?). Anyway, here's a few shots from the photowalk:

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2008, 11:25 PM   #2

Good to hear there was another Pentax user, obviously a quite intelligent person. I like your Seat shot, very melancholy. is it just me or is the water in the last one a mauve colour ?
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 6:17 AM   #3

What a wonderful sounding experience - it would have been much fun to take part in it.

I like all three of the pictures. My first reaction (based on a quick glance) was that the second one is awesome, I love the texture you capture in it. But then on second and third looks, I start to like the other two more and more. I'll be interested in what others think about them, my first reaction to the #1 was that the pp was awfully harsh, but changed my mind after going back to it a couple of times.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 7:30 AM   #4

I'm With Harriot. I Like the Idea of a photo walk and Would love to try it.
As To your Shots, Number two is by far my favorite. I just cannot decided weather I like number 1 and 3. I like the subject and Composition of all the Shots However.

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 8:18 AM   #5

I really like all three photos, but the 2nd is my favorite. Very cool! It might just be that I need to see the first and third in a larger size on my monitor. I like the concept of them, but the second catches my eye.

You'll have to let us know if they do another one of these. This sounded cool. I went on a similar type thing with the Essex National Heritage Area in Massachusetts. They offer one each month in the summers to various areas around each with a different professional photographer. It was cool. Haven't been able to do one this summer yet. They keep offering them the wrong days.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:15 AM   #6
Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Nice images Jason! SF is a really photogenic location between the architecture, waterfront, bridges, terrain.... I used to come out there alomst monthly a few years ago on work related issues. While I do not miss the travelling, I miss visiting the Bay area. Would like to see more from your walk.

I wish I had known about this event...did not realize that it was worldwide and that there was one in my home town and several within driving distance. Does anyone know if more will be scheduled?

Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote