Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:32 AM   #11

bilybianca wrote:
A fascinating building, but what is it? An Inn where you can stay over night?

The pictures are from Old fatihful Inn. This is a INN Build many years ago that Is open To Overnight Stays. It is located In Yellowstone National Park In Wyoming. Just out side of the hotel Is Old faithful Geyser.
Yellowstone is part of the US National park system. Chek Out this link. http://www.nps.gov/yell/

Thanks for the trip down Memory lane. My trip To Yellowstone, I Consider to be the Best trip i have taken In this life Time.
Just yesterday While we were weathering The effects of TS Hanna. I pulled out My Slides and Projector and relived That trip.

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 8:41 AM   #12

Very nice, Harriet. I really like them both. The lobby reminds me of a home I just visited. It's an old kids camp and the indoors is designed with trees and all.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 9:45 AM   #13

I have an uncle who took his doctor's degree at UCLA Palo Alto. When he visited home he talked about Yellowstone, and didso for hours. Apparently a place that has an impact on visitors.:-)

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2008, 4:47 PM   #14

The inn was built in 1903-04 and is a National Historic Landmark. It is made from native materials - rhyolite was used for the foundations and porch pylons, lodgepole pine for the interior and exterior and the wrought iron details were worked on-site. Interestingly, it had electric lights from the beginning (powered by a steam generator), hot water and central heating. Extra wings with additional rooms were added later on.

I can understand your uncle talking about the park for hours - it's that type of place. It's a place of constant change, and scenery that is only found in a few other places in the world. This isn't the first time I've been in the park, but the first time I've been able to spend multiple days, and it was certainly worth it. I want to return againsome day, perhaps in the winter.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote