Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:05 PM   #1

Not only do you have bright and unusual colors in the geothermal features in Yellowstone, you also have interesting patterns. I posted some in the series on Mammoth Hot Springs, and here are a few more. Again, I have far more pictures of different types of patterns but thought these might be interesting and that they are probably a reasonable sampling. I'm sure that someone else would see many of the other patterns that I overlooked - while we had a week, it wasn't long enough to really examine everything. That would take a lifetime.

Grand Prismatic Springs (K20, DA 12-24):

This reminded me of a leaf (K20, 77 Ltd):

Sea Creature Profile, getting ready to dive into the pool:

Reflections (K20, A*300):

Divided (K20, 77 Ltd, Great Fountain Geyser):

Almost Still Waters (K100, DA*50-135 taken by Dan):

Thank you for sharing my summer vacation with me. I didn't post everything all of the wonders (such asa standing tree that's petrified - most of the time petrified trees you find are laying on the ground). We had a great time, Dan discovered that taking pictures gets you to look at things differently and cures the boredom of taking a walk with a photographer ("wait, let me just change lenses" or "wait until the steam clears just a bit so I can get ..."). I hope they have done justice to an incredible place, well worth visiting.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2008, 11:47 PM   #2

mtngal wrote:
I hope they have done justice to an incredible place, well worth visiting.
You sure have made an impression with your pictures, Harriet. A fabulous place where one obviously can spend a lifetime without running out of motives. Thanks for taking on the effort to let us all share this beauty that you and Dan have made the best of.

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 2:32 PM   #3

Fabulous photos Harriet.
You better keep an eye on Dan; he's liable to swap cameras with you if you're not careful! :G
Goldwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2008, 9:00 PM   #4

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us Harriet. All these pictures are great and congratulations on converting your husband!

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote