Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:21 AM   #1

has anyone got one of these,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"as i like to get very low for some shots i miss the tilt up screen my old camera had.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"i saw this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...c289a2fff9b94dbut its from china so im a bit wary.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:50 AM   #2

Hi kazuya,

The Chinese version appears to be a Seagull. I have one, and it definitely fits and works fine with the right adaptor (which was included). These are probably significantly less expensive than the other alternatives I've seen. You might be able to find a UK dealer that sells them if you're leery about purchasing from the dealer you referenced. I got mine from a US dealer who imports them.

FYI, here's some info (towards the bottom of the page) for the Pentax refconverters (right-angle finders):

There's also at least one Olympus right-angle finder that will fit the finder according to some users, but I can't remember the model, and I believe that it showed the VF view inverted.

The last solution, though expensive, is the Zigview, an LCD viewer that you attach to the Viewfinder, giving you live view with any DSLR.

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2008, 8:39 PM   #3

thx for that scott, i think ill try and find a uk dealer and order the seagull one, but if not maybe ill risk it from china, its not a fortune, it wouldnt be the end of the world if it didnt turn up.

the zigview looks great, ive not seen those before, but like you say very expensive at £175.

kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2008, 8:54 AM   #4

One thing to watch for is if the view is corrected.

I have a Pentax one, which I had to modify slightly to fit the K10D eyepiece.

I works well, BUT, the image is back-to-front and upside down.

Pretty confusing at first.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote