Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:00 AM   #1

Hello Everyone,

I've been bogged down with projects, but finally had some time to play around.

I finally got most of the pieces I needed to try some off-camera flash pictures of my daughter.

I took out my Pentax K100D [Sigma 18-200 lens] and fired some test shots [Vivitar 285HV flash set on manual 1/4 through an umbrella trigger wirelessly] & I was completely blown away with the rendering in the skin that I was getting! The detail was way more than I was expecting to get with my 6.1 mega-pixel camera!

I've picked up a Nikon D70s [Tamron 18-200 lens] to play around with, but high-speed sync aside, I ended up liking the pictures coming out of my Pentax K100D better than the images coming out of my D70s. And with the Nikon stuff being so expensive, I think I've re-sold myself on sticking with Pentax!

Although I got the Vivitar 285HV flash unit, I think I've already decided (in the back of my mind) that I'm saving up for a Pentax 540FGZ flash unit! [The Vivitar 285HV then gets used as my fill flash] And then eventually upgrading to a Pentax K200D . . . And then . . . <grin>

Take care, yours truly,

tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2008, 8:11 AM   #2

Nice shots Glen

Looks like you have got it all sorted out and working.

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 9:51 AM   #3

Really lovely facial expressions and exposures. She seems a little skeptical of the camera, maybe she was worried about the level of detail just like you?
No_Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4

Very nice Glen, I am glad your system is working well for you. I have a couple of K100d macro shots printed at 16x20 with tons of detail in them, there is plenty to work with in 6 mp.

NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2008, 2:01 PM   #5

Beautiful pictures! Your lighting set-up is certainly delivering the goods with these. And yes, it's amazing how much you can get with 6 mp, especially with that sensor uses in the K100.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote