Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Nov 21, 2008, 7:10 PM   #1

I went to the California Academy of Science museum in San Francisco on Wednesday. Every 3rd Wednesday, it is free and a lot of people took advantage of the free date. The normal price is about $25 a person.
Here is the website if anyone is interested in it
I gotta say this is one amazing place. I was not able to see everything and was rushed a little bit because it was so crowed. I will go back another day where I have to pay to really enjoy the whole experience.

Here are some pics

Like I said, it was crowed, but the line moved very fast. Image taken HALF WAY through the line

Each room had its own theme. This was the Africa room. These Zebra looked VERY real.

I have no idea what these are called

One of the most unique thing that I saw was the Albino Alligator. I never saw such thing before.

They had many huge aquarium this was just one of them where they had a "feeding"

They had an in-house lab where they the dissecting and studies. These are real scientist working here.

In door rain forest. Too bad I was not able to go in because there was a 2 hour wait line to get in.

I hope you enjoy these photos and go there someday if you get a chance.
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2008, 9:14 PM   #2

I have no idea what these are called
Those other-worldly Giraffe-like creatures in the third frame are a type of African gazelle or antelope called a Gerenuk, specialized for browsing small trees and tall shrubs.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2008, 9:34 AM   #3

Looks cool! I think this place has to be added to my list of places to go next time in California. Thanks for sharing.

nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote