Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:58 PM   #1

Well, at this year's Macworld, I succumbed to LBA at the Lensbaby booth and walked away with a Lensbaby Composer (and $235 less in my wallet). I've heard a lot about how fun the lens can be, so I was curious about it. Plus, peer pressure can be a dangerous force when LBA presents itself.

I've taken the lens out for a walk a couple times, and I'm still trying to wrap my head around how to use this lens. It seems that you turn the lens to where you want the "focal" point to be, and everything else will have a blur. That's my theory at least...

I'm getting thoroughly worked by this lens, but I find the challenge refreshing. Definitely a fun lens once I get a shot right-ish...

Here's some shots I took with the lens so far:

Took this one today:

- Jason
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:32 AM   #2

Congrats with your new Baby,

The last shot in your series it my winner.

I recently got my hands on one of the previous versions (lensbaby2) for 58€ and have also been trying to get some descent shots.

I really like the lens, and have got some adapter rings to add a wide convertor (0.66) and a raynox dcr150 (close up filter).

And I can't help it not to show off, here are my first (and only) shots I think that are good enough.

Ferris Wheel - Antwerp city center

My daughter studying (started this year with her first year of BA-logistic management)

a pine cone, lensbaby + raynox dcr150

Enjoy your lens

rhermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:55 PM   #3

Cool shots! I see some of the creative shots taken with the various lensbaby lenses and think it would be fun to get one. Just not sure I would use one enough to spend the cash - much the same way I feel about a fisheye lens. But please keep posting your shots, they are fun to look at.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2009, 4:03 AM   #4

having fun should be what photography is about

one reason i did get the fisheye

experiment, play and keep having fun
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote